Monday, December 3, 2012

Visual Art & Media Representation of Rape and Violence


   
       Initially, when we first started the semester and we learned a little about Art and Women, the theme that stood out to me was RAPE. I was not inspired by one particular artist but by many artist such as Frida Kahlo, Ana Mendieta, Judy Chicago, Kathe Kollwitz, Artemisia Gentileschi, Sue Williams, Janine, Antoni, Nan Goldin, Suzanne Lacy, Kiki Smith, and many others. 
      I had so many different ideas, I did not know exactly what to go with, so finally I decided to do a media project, using the above mentioned artist work, as well as current media. 

Please click the link and check out my video**
Viewer Discretion is Advised**                                    








Link to References:

No comments:

Post a Comment