Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello everyone my name is Amanpreet Pall and I am a Freshman at Rutgers. I intend to double major in Psychology and maybe Political Science/or another major and God willing I become a Psychologist. Art and Women have never been mentioned or taught in my life together and that is exactly what intrigued me in the first place. Coming from and Indian family I am familiar with the backseat Indian women get in life and now I see, in relation to art history, how Western/French etc women dealt with being inferior as well. I hope to learn a lot from this class and glad I am taking it and look forward to getting to know all of you this semester! This is a painting of an Indian woman. Unfortunately, as much as I searched I could not find the painter of this masterpiece. Hopefully one of you can figure it out? I came across it on Facebook and was immediately obsessed with it. So here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment