Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hello everyone!

This is Sanna; your average 21 (almost 22) year-old university student, striving to make something worth living for in her life. I'm an artist and a Visual - Fine Arts major, but my specialty and Concentration resides in Photography.

Art has always been a big part of my life. It started with simple drawings and coloring books in elementary school, then leading into paintings and ceramics in high school. I almost went for a Business major during my freshman year, but realized that I wanted to be true to myself and indulge in the fields that I love the most. And honestly, I can never stick with one thing and will hop from one interest to another depending on how I feel. I love music. I love video/cinematography. I love cosplay (that's what this is for those of you who have no idea what it is. It's basically playing "dress up" as my favorite characters, haha... and yes, believe it or not, that is me...).

Professional and academic goals for myself?
As of right now, I am sort of at a stand-still. I dabble in a lot of different fields (especially when it comes to Photography). What I really want to do is to open up some sort of business. My own Studio. My own Cafe. My own Place where I can incorporate all of my interests, artwork, and make it into something where I can just feel at home.

It won't be easy, being a female and all. And the fact that I have a very traditional Asian father makes it that much harder, haha. But it's a work in progress. And I would like to get this "business" of mine planned out by the time I graduate (which would be in the Spring...hopefully...).

I honestly never thought that I'd be blogging in an art history course (because this is something quite different after 4 years at Rutgers). So I look forward to a great semester with everyone!

And I will leave this blog for now with a sample of my Photography work:




by sanna zhao
a snapshot of Cherry Blossoms (Sakura) blooming on Rutgers University campus, Spring 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment