Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hello :)

I'm Stefania and I'm currently in my second year of college. I'm looking forward to pursue a career in the business field. I'm focusing on Marketing for now, but I'd also like to minor in something else that I'm not quite sure of yet. I took Art and Women because I needed to fulfill one of my graduation requirements, but it also seemed like an interesting class. I'm not much of an art person; I can't name many famous artists, painters, or sculptors, but I have come to realize that all the ones I can think of are men. Women have always been undermined in society just because they're "women", and learning about the type of progress they've made, even if it's not what is hoped for, would be interesting. I am a feminist in terms of wanting women to be equal to men, because, in reality, there's no difference between us other than some body parts. Art history has a lot to do with my background. I'm half Italian, and as we all know, Italy, especially Rome, is full of beautiful art and rich history. I'd like to go back one day and visit all the wonderful places, including the museums that show ancient art. 
Here's a painting made in the Renaissance period:

No comments:

Post a Comment