Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oh hiii!

Hey everybody, my name is Francine Karpeh. I am a sophomore, and I'm majoring in Marketing at Rutgers Business School. I do plan on switching my major, but I'm not exactly sure on where to switch to. I have a deep desire and love for helping those around me, particularly disadvantaged women and children. I want to be a community's advocate.

I am taking this course because I am almost done with my Business School prerequisites, allowing me to take courses of immediate interest to me (i.e. Women's Studies courses). I think feminism/art fit into my studies and interests because I'm all about women expressing themselves fearlessly, despite numerous outside boundaries. Art & Women celebrates and educates students about some of those women.

Below is a picture that my mom has owned since before I was born. It's called "Give Mommy Some Sugar", and it was painted by Tom McKinney. To me it represents the unconditional love a mother has for her child, far removed from the complications and tangles of an urban/modern environment. Just her and her child surrounded by nature. Even though there may be hardships for them (poverty, absence of a father, etc.), their  strong mother/child bond will serve as a beautiful shelter.



chrome://newtabhttp//www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1366&bih=608&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=azQltgToJ9dsvM:&imgrefurl=http://www.photo2frame.com/art/Give-Mommy-Some-Sugar-by-Tom-McKinney_441.htm&docid=6c2KN_ALCouYeM&imgurl=http://photo2frame.com/art/441_0/Give-Mommy-Some-Sugar-by-Tom-McKinney_300.jpg&w=274&h=315&ei=YF1PULfZBIa_0QGm04CwBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=230&vpy=121&dur=2677&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=102&ty=134&sig=109137558727659726011&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=112&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:79

No comments:

Post a Comment