Monday, September 10, 2012

Hi :)

My name is Hanan Abdel-Hamid. I am a junior pursing a major in Management and a concentration in Entrepreneurship. My goal is to have a business of my own one day. After I finish my undergraduate studies, I am thinking to go either for my Masters in Business Administration or to go to a culinary art institute to become a chef or maybe both. I am taking this class because I need to fulfill a fine arts requirement. However, when I saw that this course was one of my options I went for it because I like history and learning about the past, especially learning how some women aspired to go beyond what men and society back then thought women were capable of doing (ie. being a house wife, serve her husband, staying home). In addition, I have an interest in art especially mosaic art. I have done a lot of historic sight-seeing in Jordan and that was where I grew fond of mosaic art. The bottom picture is an ancient mosaic art of the Madaba Map which is a map of the Middle East showing the Holy Land specifically, Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment