Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hey guys, my name is Nadia. I'm a sophmore now but I haven't declared my major yet. I'm hoping to major in art( I'm thinking architecture? maybe?) and then maybe continue on to med school but nothing is set in stone. I am the oldest child of 6 and I'm Syrian, so you guys can imagine how life at home can get hectic. I work part time at office depot running copy center when I am there. I also LOVE to make art. I've experimented with different mediums ranging from clay, to print making, to acrylic, to oil, to pencil, to pastels, to even taking pictures. But my favorite two mediums are probably pencil and acrylic paint.  I'm taking this class because it fulfilled a requirement although I still want to take another art course or two for sure (not including art major courses haha). Feminism in art means to advocate for equal representation in art history for women. Atleast that's the conclusion I came to after the first few classes, because I had no idea what to expect coming in to this course. But I am definitely excited for the rest of this class and the interesting things I'm going to to be learning and discussing.

When I took AP Studio Art in high school my concentration was all acrylic and it was a series of 12 paintings depicting sheltered dogs in different environments (that's one of them on the right). I have a lot of my artwork up on my facebook, so if you wanna check some out, add me!



                           This is of a piece I did of my baby brother and I on scratch board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment