Friday, September 7, 2012

Hey,

My name is Dhruti Shah.  I am a senior, double majoring in Accounting and Finance and I will be graduating in May 2013.  After I graduate, I plan on taking my CPA exam to become certified as an accountant and work at an accounting firm in New Jersey.  I believe that even though art does not come into play in my professional life, it is all around and I want to learn more about it.  I took this course not mainly because it fulfilled a requirement, but it also seemed interesting to me.  All around us, they put a lot of focus on male artists and musicians and I really want to learn more about how women played a role in the art world, how they overcame obstacles to get to where they are now and how views have changed or have not changed present day.  Here is my facebook.


("Taj Mahal Painting at ArtistRising.com." Artistrising.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2012. http://www.artistrising.com/products/185046/Taj-Mahal.htm)

This is a painting of the Taj Mahal that I got off google and the painting was created by Gustavo Alvarez.  I picked this painting, because when I tell people that I am Indian, they immediately associate me with the Taj Mahal and ask if I have ever gone there, which I have.  I also love the history of it, because it was very romantic.  The Taj Mahal was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Janhan for his late third wife, Mumtaz Mahal (and to think that guys get away with giving flowers and chocolates now).

No comments:

Post a Comment