Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Hey everyone. My name is Meir Lieberman and I am a psychology major. I honestly chose this class because it was the last available class that would fulfill my art requirement. However, after my first class on Thursday my interest has been piqued. As a person who studies psychology I have started seeing the things people do as their expression of the stimuli is their daily lives. That being said, the theme of this class, being how women and there are art are treated differently, gives a lot to think about. In the long run I hope to gain a better understanding and sensitivity of what women are up against… perhaps even broaden my appreciation of art. I am in no way an artist in the traditional sense and I don’t have the ability to look at a painting and see what the artist was truly trying to convey, however, this picture taken by Brandon Stanton of Humans of New York really reminded me of this class. If you haven’t already, you should really check out his work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment